- Run better off the bike-this has been an issue with me for many years and quite frankly I am sick of not running near my potential off the bike. I can run 1:26 for an open half marathon so I see no reason why I can't run 1:30-1:35 off the bike.
- Become a better swimmer-tired of the swim being a liability and having to go hard on the bike to make up time. Going to Masters 2-3 times a week and swimming on my own another time should take care of this.
- Raise my Functional Threshold Power to over 300 watts-besides going faster on the bike this will also set me up for a good run by going faster at a lower % of Threshold Power/HR.
Notice there are no "win my AG at such and such a race" or "break 5 hours at a HIM" as goals. If I take care of those 3 things then the AG placements and time goals will take care of themselves and even if they don't I will be personally satisfied with my performance if I feel like I raced to my fullest potential at my A races.
Now the "list":
- Wonderful Days of Winter 5k (1/2/10)-great race put on to benefit the preschool at our church
- Museum of Aviation Marathon (1/16/10)-flat 2 loop marathon around Robins AFB. Target is to Boston Qualify (under 3:15) and if I feel good maybe go under 3 hours.
- Tybee Island Half Marathon (2/6/10)-going to run and support my wife for her first half.
- Tundra Time Trial (2/20/10)-out and back time trial on the Silver Comet. Always a good indicator of preseason fitness (or lack thereof).
- Jog for a Cause 10k (3/13/10)-flat 2 loop course around North Point Mall area. Target is sub 39 minutes.
- ING Half Marathon (3/23/10)-hilly half marathon around downtown Atlanta.
- John Tanner Sprint (4/24/10)-fun sprint tri to open the season
- Gulf Coast Triathlon (Half Ironman) (5/8/10)-A race. I need to bring it for this one. Nuff said.
- West Point Lake Olympic (6/?)-Fun Olympic race in Lagrange GA.
- Peachtree Road Race (7/4/10)-world's largest 10k.
- Alaskan Cruise to celebrate 10th Anniversary (6/20-27/10)
- Chattanooga Olympic (7/?)-By far one of the best races in the Southeast. Target is to qualify for Age Group Nationals later on in the summer.
- Age Group Nationals-(8/?)-This year was brutal, hopefully next year won't be.
- Augusta 70.3 (9/26/10)-A race. I have a score to settle with the run course here.
The A races are Museum of Aviation, Gulf Coast, and Augusta. The rest are B and C races and will be added or subtracted as warranted by training.